Segard Masurel not only pride ourselves as international wool traders and skilled processors,
over the last 10 years we have invested upstream in order to get closer
and add more value to wool growers.
Services to woolgrowers
We offer direct buying and wool brokering services to farmers in Australia, New Zealand and South Africa. In Europe we have established strong links with merchants and shearers and buy wool for our own use as well as for trading. Click on a country below to know more.
- We are now wool brokers in both New Zealand (Segard Masurel Direct) and South Africa (Segard Masurel Wool Brokers).
- We are a strong supporter of the auction system because of its clarity and efficiency; however we also wanted to offer alternative services to growers
- We have established and/or invested in direct buying operations in New Zealand, Australia (known as Grampian Wools) and in South Africa
Services to the textile industry
We supply a variety of wool products to many clients in the textile industry worldwide. Our clients operate in various sectors of the industry such as the fashion, formal dress, knitwear, sportswear, home textile, carpet and rugs, technical textiles, etc.
- We supply wool - greasy, scoured, slipes, carbonized, wool tops, open tops, noils and wastes - of different origins and in different finenesses, from 16 to 40µm and we supply woolgrease;
- We offer wool commission scouring and combing services at Cape of Good Hope Woolcombers in South Africa.
- We can provide reliable traceability guaranteeing the origin of the wool, sheep welfare, labour welfare and with an environmentally friendly process
- We service the South African small users and cottage industry with raw white tops in small quantities.
- We process on commission mainly in New Zealand, Australia, Asia and Europe and in our own scouring and combing mill, Cape of Good Hope Woolcombers located in Uitenhage 35km inland from Port Elizabeth.
Read more about our network: